A pill bottle helps health care professionals monitor patients taking medication. A vending machine reports its own inventory over a wireless network. A telephone speeds checkout by serving as a debit card in retail stores around the world.
The future of the world—and business— is ubiquitous connectivity, the total interconnection of people, ideas, and products through a global digital network. As the network grows and the world of data expands, every citizen will have instant access to virtually anything he or she wants.
Where is this network? Anywhere. And you must learn to use it to the fullest if your business is to thrive in the coming years.
In this groundbreaking book, Emily Nagle Green, president of Yankee Group, a leading global connectivity research fi rm, charts a course for the future by explaining:
- The components of ubiquitous connectivity and how they will combine to transform the nature of business
- How more than 50 of the world’s connectivity pioneers and leaders expect the revolution to unfold
- The richest opportunities for your business—and how to seize them
- How a totally connected world will change customers—and what they want
- Ways to develop a business strategy that harnesses the power of global connectivity
The world is charging ahead faster than at any other time in history, and global connectivity will be here sooner than you might think. Trillions of dollars of new value will be created on this worldwide network fabric.
Are you moving fast enough?
The survival of your business depends on whether you’ll be there to meet it. Combining expert insight, tactical tools, and Yankee Group’s proprietary data on global connectivity trends, this forward-looking book provides what you need to reach the customer of the future . . . anytime and anywhere.
About the Author