An in-depth guide to global program management
This practical resource offers proven strategies for directing the design, development, delivery, and monitoring of major, long-term business or agency programs in global markets.Global Program Management reflects the movement of the field to a broader, more global, and enterprise-wide perspective.
Covering the new Project Management Institute (PMI) Standard for Program Management, the book explains the ways in which program management differs from project management and reveals how to master strong leadership, organization, communication, technical, managerial, and agility skills along with a comprehensive understanding of foreign markets and cultures. Discover how to:
- Review organizational and global settings for program management
- Adhere to the new PMI Standard for Program Management
- Develop strategies, programs, and candidate projects into a strategic portfolio
- Align strategies and programs to ensure success, profitability, and program benefits
- Assess, monitor, and mitigate risk on a program scale
- Hone global program management leadership competencies
- Find and secure partners to provide program support
Apply program management concepts to federal sector reforms
About the Author
Paula Wagner, PMP, is a senior project manager/senior business manager for CNN Broadcast Engineering System Technology at Turner Broadcasting Systems. She teaches Project and Program Management at the DeVry/Keller Graduate School of Management.
Bruce Barkley is a former federal senior executive, Executive Office of The President of the United States. He is a senior faculty member at the University of Maryland and DeVry/Keller Graduate School of Management. Barkley is the author of Project Risk Management, Integrated Project Management, and several other titles.