Be it dentistry, dental assisting, or dental hygiene, Stedman’s Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions , Second Edition is the go-to resource for all students and professionals in the dental field. This dictionary contains defi nitions for nearly 16,000 terms relevant to all dental professions, including dentistry, and includes more than 500 illustrations—most in full color—and a full-color oral conditions and disorders insert. Appendices include tooth numbering systems; dental imaging errors; guidelines for infection control in dental health care settings; weights and measures; medical prefixes, suffixes,and combining forms; medical and dental abbreviations; abbreviations used in medication orders;laboratory reference range values; and professional organizations.
The book purchase includes a three-month subscription to Stedman’s Online, which features terms and images from the dictionary, audio pronunciations, PDF appendices, and a customizable section, My Stedman’s, which allows users to add terms, add notes to defi nitions, and save searches and illustrations.
- Contains definitions for more than 16,000 terms relevant to the dental professions
- A-to-Z listing makes it easy to find a definition
- Over 500 images and illustrations, most in full color
- Special full-color Oral Conditions and Disorders insert
- Eye-catching icons help identify terms with accompanying images, common medical prefixes,suffixes, and combining forms
- Representation of all dental professions including dentistry, dental hygiene, and dental assisting